DESIGNED FOR ASPIRING,
WESTERN CAROLINA UNIVERSITY
WE CAN'T WAIT TO CREATE WITH YOU!
Be a part of this exclusive program!
Moving Story Choreography workshops are two weeks long.
Moving Story is an original course designed by Christopher d’Amboise to help active and aspiring choreographers discover and develop their unique voices.
The Moving Story choreography lab at Triple Arts will have a concentration on musical theater movement, highlighting the skills needed to pursue this specialized art form. The intimate one-on-one personal and educational connections made through Moving Story at Triple Arts will guide apprentices to reach a new level of inventiveness, imagination and theatrical showmanship.
During their two weeks of one-on-one training with Christopher and the Triple Arts faculty, our Moving Story apprentices will work on mastering a variety of movement styles while cultivating a deeper understanding of music, theater, acting and storytelling. In addition, apprentices gain an in-depth knowledge of the role choreography has played throughout musical theater history and will also examine and analyze current trends and practices.
Apprentices are encouraged and mentored to develop their unique choreographic style. They are challenged to expand their perspective with out-of-the-box creative thinking that will propel them toward their full potential as working choreographers.
Some areas the course focuses on are:
CRAFT: Eye leading, choosing vocabulary, finding thematic arcs, patterning effectively and more.
ARTISTRY: Clarifying intention, arranging music effectively, developing creative vocabulary, finding journey dynamics, emotional mapping and more.
MUSIC: Creating effective and unique musical arrangements, mastering harmony and it’s emotional impact, learning rhythmic analysis and notation
COLLABORATION: Pitching your choreography and developing collaborative skills by working with directors, actors, dancers and music directors.
PERFORMANCE: Conceiving, creating, and staging an original musical theater number to be performed in the final showcase.
SAMPLE TUITION: $3,488 (Room & Board is included w/ a double occupancy room.)
Tuition Breakdown: Program Costs = $2,596.00 + Room & Board = $892.00
Payment plans are available. Please reach out to us at email@example.com for more details.
LOCATION: WESTERN CAROLINA UNIVERSITY, NC
- Applicants ages 15-22 will be considered
- Apprentices take morning dance classes and group masterclasses.
- Classes take place every day, 9AM-10PM.
- Days consist of Moving Story curriculum taught by Christopher d’Amboise.
- Apprentices will personally assist a Triple Arts faculty member in the evening.
- Each apprentice will create a piece presented in the final Showcase.
- Apprentices will not perform in final Showcase.
We are no longer accepting applications at this time.
FOR FUTURE REFERENCE, APPLICATIONS FOR MOVING STORY REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
1. Please use the contact form below and send us a paragraph describing WHY you want to be a part of
Moving Story with Triple Arts.
2. In your application you must include a link to a video of a full piece of your choreography. Rehearsal footage can be accepted, but please no reels.
We will be in contact with you once we review your application.
Thank you for your interest in Moving Story w/ Triple Arts!